Live Auction Items with Auctioneer John Lawler
1. The Urbanna Experience. Stay overnight at the Chesapeake Inn in Urbanna as the guests of Angela St. Peter and John Milby. Urbanna’s Unique Boutique Hotel catering to the boater, business and leisure traveler. Not Valid for Oyster Festival weekend. Two night minimum stay required on holiday weekends. Cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Expires September, 2013. Check it out at www.TheCheasapeakeInn.com. Enjoy dinner for two at Café MoJo. Includes 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 Dessert. Expires 8/17/2013 they are open Thursday – Saturdays. Visit them at Café-MoJo.com. Lastly arrive at the Cross Street Coffee for breakfast and coffee (your choice) for two. Expiration date: Sept.1, 2013. Visit them at www.CrossStreetCoffee.com. Value $260.
2. You pick the event, time and place for your own private “gig”. Talented local musician and performer Judy Hale will perform a private music event just for you. 2.5-3 hours in duration in a 50 mile radius. Performance theme/time/date to be coordinated with Judy. Certificate expires Sept. 1, 2013. Donated by Judy Haile. Value $200.
3. A week vacation at Wintergreen at 589 Three Ridges. Week exclusions: the two weeks at Christmas and Thanksgiving week. One bedroom condo. Sleeps two. Many ski weeks open! The winning bidder will coordinate their week with Sharon@historicproperties.com. The Wintergreen contact is Tammy Donnelly at 434-325-8512. Expires 9/30/2013. Donor: Sharon Hinson and www.historicproperties.com. Value $1900.
4. Be the guests of honor for dinner at the home of Billy and Carole Croxton and bring 7 of your friends! Your hosts for the evening will be friends and board members of the Museum and Historical Society. They will be there to prepare and serve a five course meal complete with entertainment and great conversation .Date and time will be coordinated with hosts Billy and Carole. The guests total is not to exceed eight adults. Expiration date: Sept. 29, 2013 Donated by Billy and Carole Croxton. Value Priceless
5. A Week at Virginia Beach. Only one block from the board walk. One Bedroom time share for the week of March 15th... Maximum occupancy is four. No pet policy.
Address: Atrium Resort 315 21st. Street Donors will pay the guest fee of 60.00.
Donated by: Robin Harmon and family. Value $1100.
6. A week long escape to the “Inn on Water Lane.” Luxury First floor one bedroom suite located in the Historic District of Tappahannock. Exquisitely furnished with WiFi and cable available, time period is Sunday to Sunday. A welcome basket of coupons will help you experience dining and touring as you explore Historic Essex County and the surrounding areas. To include: Dinner at the “Relish at Rivahside” for 2, Lunch at the “Rivahside Café,” Coupon for Romas Italian Restaurant, Tickets for two to tour the home at Robert E. Lee at Strafford Hall, Wine tasting for two at Belle Monte Vineyards with light refreshments (24 hour notification required), Guided Historic Walking Tour of Tappahannock (Call 804-443-4690 or go by the museum for scheduling). Visit www.theinnatwaterlane for more information. Expiration date Sept. 29, 2013. Donated by Billy and Carole Croxton and local attractions as listed. Value $1400.
7. Tour the Northern Neck from the air! Join pilot Harry T. Gladding for a 45 minute flight for two. Depart from Essex-Tappahannock airport. Certificate Expires 9/1/2013. Date will be coordinated based on availability.Donated by Harry T. Gladding. Value $150.
8. A three day weekend on the Potomac at Ria Casa. Good for a mutually convenient weekend in the spring of 2013 before Memorial Day weekend or fall of 2013 after Labor Day weekend. For photos go to www.riacasa.com. Donated by John and Joni Lawler firstname.lastname@example.org. Value $750.
Silent Auction Items
1. Print “Winter’s Splendor” on the Rappahannock. Richmond, Virginia Artist, Franklin A. Saye, has a passion to document the classic beauty of the Chesapeake. This, his 21st release depicts a fresh snowfall on a small cove near Urbanna, VA. This print is a “sold out” edition holding a secondary market value in 1991 of $ 400. This unframed print numbered 315/750 was donated by the original owner and purchased at ArtsLimited, a gallery in Richmond. sold out editions only available on the secondary market. Donated by John A. Vaughan 1991. value $400
2. A VIP event just for you!!! Wine tasting and reception for 6 at Ingleside Winery in Oak Grove. Ingleside is one of Virginia’s oldest and largest wineries producing over 18 varieties of wine. Your VIP treatment includes a signature goblet and a private wine and cheese reception. There is no expiration date; however Ingleside requests a two week notice for scheduling. Donated by Ingleside Vineyards: Doug Selmer. Value $60.
3. River Cocktail Cruise for 4 aboard the boat Connie’s Dream. Leaves from Tappahannock and cruises north. Cocktails and appetizers will be served. Expiration date 9/29//2013. Donated by Leigh and Debbie Angel. Value $150.
4. One hour Consultation for antiques /collectibles. Donated by Susan Appich Boze Appraisal –Action Resources LLC. Value $200.
5. Pianatank Golf Club certificate for a round of golf with cart for four. Donated by Piankatank Golf Club Hartville, Va. Value $200.
6. Gift certificate for two at the “Relish at Rivahside”” for dinner. Expires 9/29/2013.
Donated by Carol Mead Smith. Value $80.
7. The Essex Inn in downtown Tappahannock in the Historic District. Overnight stay
with breakfast. Call ahead. Date Based on availability. Donated by The Essex Inn; Innkeepers Bob and Janice McGee. Expiration: 9/30/2012. Value $169.
8. Framed print “The Dragon” by Artist Anne Beverley Eubank. Donated by Anne Beverley Eubank. Value $150.
9. Four Voice lessons given by Kelly Wright Music Director for TMUMC and music instructor for Richmond County Schools. Age 12 and older. 45 minutes each lesson. Lessons to be given at the home of Kelly. Time and dates to be coordinated with Kelly. Expiration: September, 2013. Donated by Kelly Wright email@example.com. Value $150.
10. River Tour for six aboard the Friends of the Rappahannock’s boat with River Steward Richard Moncure. On board will be local Historian Howard Reisinger to help tell the river’s story from John Smith to current times. This cruise is for couples, friends or the family. The trip, lasting approx. three hours, will leave from Parkers Marina. On board refreshments. Date and time for the cruise will be coordinated by “Friends of the Rappahannock.” Expiration: September, 2013. Donated by Friends of the Rappahannock firstname.lastname@example.org. www.rivefriends.org. Value $150.
11. This special package includes overnight accommodations at Stratford Hall; home of the Lees of Virginia and the Birthplace of Robert E. Lee and a tour of the Great House (circa 1738.) This historic site includes 1900 beautiful acres, dining, and a gift shop. Donated by Stratford Hall Plantation. Value $145.
12. Four Guitar Lessons given by local talented Musician Rob Wright. Age 11 and older. Each lesson to be 45 minutes. Lessons to be given at the home of Rob. Coordination of time with Rob. Certificate expires on Sept.1, 2013. Donated by Rob Wright Robwright1999@gmail.com 804-938-8474. Value $100.
13. Three piece set of Brighton Jewelry. Black Earrings for pierced ears. Matching necklace and bracelet in black. Donated by T Town Tack Jo Lynn Gibson-Farmer. Value $140.
14. Framed limited edition print “ Chesapeake Bay Lighthouse” Artist David Jett.
Donated by David Jett. Value $150.
15. Neuromuscular Therapy Massage Therapist Call for appointment Expiration 9/30/2013. Donated by Alessa Lemming. Value $60.
16. Framed water color original ” Osprey Feather’ artist Anne Careatti. Donated by Anne Careatti. Value $385.
17. Weekend Getaway at the “Lee Jackson” Suite. Historic Lancaster Tavern bed and Breakfast was built in 1790 and served as a stopping place for those coming to the courthouse and is located across from the Mary Ball Museum. Excellent location for day trip exploring Historic Lancaster County and the Northern Neck, take the cruise to Tangier or Smith Island or just relax with a good book. The Inn serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Donated by The Lancaster Inn, Brenda Lee Jackson, Owner. Value $350.
18. Handmade Russian spiral necklace and matching bracelet. Black bugle beads along with black and blue seed beads appear to spin in this unusual rope design. Donated by Allison Vaughn email@example.com. Value $150.
19. Framed Print “Civil War Vessels on the Rappahannock” Artist Anne Careatti. Donated by Anne Careatti. Value $100.
20. River Fitness 3- month short term membership Fitness and Aquatics. Tappahannock, VA 804-443-0500 Try it to see if you like it! Expires 9/30/2013. For more information, Visit www.RiverFitnessCenter.com. Donated by “River Fitness.” Value $220.
21. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! Two Redskins Tickets for the Ravens VS Skins game. Dec. 9th 2012 at 1:00PM. Lower level. Donated by Leigh and Debbie Angel. Value $200.
22. Framed watercolor print. Contemporary print featuring poppies in a meadow. Donated by The Crying Shame. Value $250.
Crystal Bowl Raffle Table
Lastly, we will be featuring a Crystal Bowl Raffle Table. Sleeves of tickets (10) will be sold from 4-6:00. The cost for a sleeve will be $20.00 The bowls will be drawn at 6:00. You must be present to win. If the number drawn is not present a new ticket will be drawn.
• Pet bed filled with items for your pets (dogs and cats). Animal Treats/flea treatment/ grooming tools and more. Donated by Tappahannock Veterinary Clinic. Value $75.
• Glass game set to include chess/checkers/backgammon. Donated by a museum Docent. Value $20.
• Matrix Biolage Hair Care travel set and a Manicure. Donated by Hair Styles by Robin and The Perfect Ten. Value $45.
• Set of Three decorative handmade hooks with handmade nails. Donated By John Careatti. Value $90.
• SKIL 12 V Drill Comes with two batteries, 33 piece driver bit set, Variable speed trigger. Compact and lightweight Case included. Donated By Lowes of Tappahannock.
• Basket “Go to the Movies” Six Passes to the local theater. Three Movies for home, lots of snacks. Movie passes donated by Scott Cleaton. Value $65.
• Silver Interior Wash and Sheetz gas card. Donated by River Wash and Sheetz. Value $ 74.
• Beautiful glass cheese dome hand painted by Lois Lavery. Dome sits atop a pewter plate with stainless steel implements and can be used to serve a variety of foods. Donated by The Gift Gallery Value $44.
• Crab Bag Crab utensils for four. Include Mallets, stainless steel cups, napkins and nets. Donated by Museum Docent. Value $20.
• Two Prints by Artist Anne Careatti. Ships on the Rappahannock. Donated by Anne Careatti. Value $40
• Basket fun for kids. Toys donated by the Museum “Docents”, including a ‘vintage Craftsman kids tool set’ from Ernest at Sears. Value $85.
• Red Glass hanging birdfeeder. Donated by Southern States. Value $20.
• Vera Bradley Purse. Chain bag/ Plum Petals. Donated by Amy Brizendine and Jennie Beck; Riverside Accents and Gifts. Value $78.
• Punch pliers and eyelet set, Mag Light, Three Fishing lures packs of 2. Donated by Tractor Supply Company. Value $40.
• Wine Basket. Cinsaut, a French Rose’ and a French Bordeaux, with gourmet extras.
Donated by Karen Hayes and Deborah Stevens: All About Wine. Value $65.
• Earrings: Beautiful Hand Crafted Amazonite Leaf Drops. Sterling and gold filled wire wrapping. Donated by “Allison” firstname.lastname@example.org. Value $50.
• Certificate for home made pound cake. Coordinate order with Dorothy Gladding. Donated by Dorothy Gladding. Value $35.
• Basket “It’s a New Born Baby Boy” Large basket containing many items for those first three months. Onesies, sleepers, blankets, a coming home outfit for the “Little Brother”, toys and more! Donated by “My Three Grandsons." Value $100.
2012 Fall Gala Sponsorship
Sponsorship Levels: $1000 Event Sponsors $500 Event Supporter
$250 Event Promoter $100 Event friend
Ronald L. Geiger, LLC
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
William H. Washington, McDonalds
Alexander Dillard Jr., Fleet Dillard, Scott Katona Attorneys at law
Priscilla Vaughan Enterprises
Edward Jones Investing/ Jack Snyder Financial Advisor
Raymond Grimes CPA
Hughes and Basye Accounting Services
Northern Neck Generators; Mr. Todd Sanders
Alison B. Robeson, DDS
Tappahannock-Warsaw Women of the Moose
Leslie Taylor CPA, PC
Elliott’s Tires and Auto Service
Dr. Beth L. Faber, Orthodontist
John and Barbara Frazier